Friday, October 8, 2010

Lovely Links: "It's finally feeling like fall!" Edition

{The scenery by my parents' house. I miss living in that valley.}

Autumn is my favorite season, hands down. The colors of the leaves, the smells, the food (pumpkin bread, anyone?), the chill in the air, Halloween, everything. And since it's finally starting to feel like fall in my neck of the woods, I thought I'd share a few fall-related links I've come across lately. 

Corn Chowder with Chilies -- The Pioneer Woman
One of the things I absolutely love about the change to the cooler seasons is that my soup and chowder recipes come out of hibernation and back into my dinner repertoire.  Pioneer Woman just posted this recipe today and I have to try it. If she says it's really good, then it must be ridiculous. Everything I've made of hers rocks.

The Sights, Sounds, Semlls, and Tastes of Autumn -- Simple Kids
Nothing really parsimonious here, but just a bunch great (and free) ways to enjoy the simple pleasures of the season.

Fall Projects for Your Home, Yard, Body & Mind -- Simple Mom
Just some good reminders. Is it weird that all of this makes me feel kind of giddy?

Cinnamon: The Greatest Hits -- Joy the Baker
Here, Joy the Baker shares some of her favorite recipes that feature cinnamon.  Ohhhhh...I love the stuff. I'm going to make her brown rice pudding soon. Very soon.

"Of Things That Matter Most"  by Dieter F. Uchtdorf
Wise and beautiful counsel for our busy lives. This talk, given by one of my favorite speakers, is all about returning to the basics and slowing down. It was the inspiration for the quote of the week at the top of the right column: "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." 

Enjoy the autumn weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails